|Official Agar.io Logo|
|Genre:||Massively Multiplayer, Casual, Free To Play|
|Release Date:||April 28, 2015|
Agar.io is a massively-multiplayer top-down strategy browser game created by Matheus Valadares (also known as Zeach) that is based on the actual jelly-like substance agar. In Agar.io, the player manipulates a circular cell using the mouse and keyboard buttons. The goal of the game is to become the biggest cell on the map. To do so, the player should eat smaller cells and survive from bigger cells. Other players that have smaller cells than the player are also able to be eaten. Originally, a browser game, Agar.io entered Steam Greenlight and was subsequently "Greenlit" by the community, with the developers indicating that they planned to add more features not available in the web version of the game.
Agar.io is available to play for free on the website agar.io.
Agar.io has quickly become popular worldwide. Before the Turkish 2015 elections, Agar.io has been used in Turkey for political reasons; some political parties have also used Agar.io in campaign posters as a symbol of support.
Players can also use various skins for their cells.
- April 28, 2015 Agar.io released.
- May 12, 2015 First Agar.io YT channel was released
- May 27, 2015 Added Turkey server.
- June 02, 2015 Added Zoom Feature.
- June 03, 2015 Added spawning from ejected mass.
- June 11, 2015 Added experimental mode, mother cell and dark virus.
- June 19, 2015 Added throwing mass at virus system and spawners, Removed mother cell and dark virus.
- July 7, 2015, Agar.io became available free for download in Android and iOS devices by Miniclip.com, with currently 50,000,000 downloads.
- July 10, 2015 Added account system and Level, party mode.
- July 11, 2015 Added best levels in Agar.io.
- July 15, 2015 Added Agar.io match results system and skins of the presidents of many countries.
- October 28, 2015 Added the store.
- December ??, 2015 Added Christmas skins (Gingerbread, Santa, and Evil Elf).
- February ??, 2016 Added Valentine skins (Cupcake, Cupid, Boy Kiss, and Girl Kiss).
- March ??, 2016 Added St. Patricks Day skins (Boot, Lucky Clover, Hat, and Horseshoe).
- March ??, 2016 Added Easter skins (Choco Egg, Carrot, Statue, Rooster, and Rabbit).
- May ??, 2016 Added Cinco de Mayo skins (Cactus, Chihuahua, Chupacabra, Hot Pepper, and Sombrero).
- May 6, 2016 The new client update which made a lot of hate and thousands of people did not want to play the game anymore. Even , first Agar.io professional, lost desire to play after this update.
- May 12, 2016 Added Friday the 13th skins (Goblin, Raven, Mask, Black Cat, and Thirteen).
- July 2, 2016 Added Fourth of July skins (Crazy Ball, Eagle, Liberty, Mighty, Skyrocket, Stars and Stripes, and Uncle Sam).
- August ??, 2016 Added Thunderbirds skins (Alan, Gordon, John, Kayo, Scott, Sherbert, The Hood, and Virgil).
- August ??, 2016 Added Pokémon skins (Bulba, Char, Pika, and Squi).
- August ??, 2016 Added Journey skins (Boar, Kong, Monk, Water Spirit, and White Horse).
- September ??, 2016 Added Autumn skins (Acorn, Badger, Maple, Prey, and Squirrel).
- September 30, 2016 Added Mystery Island skins (Coco Nuts, Pine Head, Sea Turtle, Volcano, and Warrior).
- October ??, 2016 Added Halloween skins (Mummy, Phantom, Undead, Vampire, and Werewolf).
- November ??, 2016 Added Titans skins (Aer, Aqua, Ignis, and Terra).
- November ??, 2016 Added Thanksgiving skins (Pie Slice, Pilgrim, and Virginia).
- December ??, 2016 Updated the Christmas skins to include: Elf Helper, Reindeer, and Santa Claus.
- January 20, 2017 Added Retro Skins (Bubblesaurus, Duck Target, Dynamite Guy, and Neon Bug).
- January ??, 2017 Added Chinese New Year Skins (Carp, China Dragon, Dumpling).
- The Favicon becomes the color of your cell, or your cell's skin.
- Agar.io was created by a biologist.
- On 13th July 2015, some FFA servers were really huge, had 20 places on a leaderboard and you needed more than 6k mass to get on it.
- On 7th November 2015, you couldn't split on all official servers. Cells were not bigger than 22k and viruses could gain 500+ mass.
- On 12th February 2016, everyone who died would get to level 100 quickly. XP would not stop gaining, so even if you were on a small level, in a few minutes you could get the Kraken skin.
- (unconfirmed)Developer once played on Agar.io server, causing him to spawn with 8k mass. Source will be added soon.
- Play button works rarely now, Moneyclip said they will be fixing it.